Monday, October 11, 2010

Day 79 - Enchiladas

Recipe From Our Mom

Hello, my name is Jared. What's your name?

Mexican is one of my favorite foods. Every time when my older brother's girlfriends come over, we mostly have Mexican food. We don't make it as since we've been doing this blog, but we've been still been cooking it.

Yesterday I also got a haircut. I don't have to wear a hairnet anymore. Actually, I've never worn a hairnet, but that's irrelevant.

Anyway...

Today we made enchiladas. It wasn't really super difficult. My mom cleaned out the seeds and veins in some dried pasilla chilis then boiled them for around 2 hours.


They do not smell good. They definitely do not. But once you get over the smell, it's not so bad.
Blend the chilis with some water or broth, a good lug of tomato sauce, salt, and some Adobo.


Then you have to strain out the skin flakes.


You grate a bit of Jack cheese, chop some olives, and we used leftover chicken for some of them. Heat up some corn tortillas in the microwave until they are soft.

Then fill them, roll them up, and you have a delicioso meal!

We forgot to take a finished picture, so sorry 'bout that!

2 THUMBS UP!

3 comments:

  1. That's a little too much work for me. Can you buy the chili's already skinned, seeded and boiled?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Tonya on buying it already prepared to use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But it's SO much better homemade! It's really not hard. Boil 'em in the morning and just let them sit. Then just blend and strain. Make a whole bunch at one and freeze in baggies if you're so inclined.

    Canned sauce is really sweet. That's why we like this better. YUMMY. EVERYONE took care packages for their lunches today. =)

    ReplyDelete