Sunday, August 15, 2010

Day 30 - Crispy Tortillas with Guacamole


I, Jared, made guacamole twice today.  They were both really good.  I made it the first time using Sam the Cooking Guy's recipe...again... and it was good.


I made the Jamie Oliver recipe at dinner.  I wasn't entirely smart with the Jamie Oliver one.  I seem to have missed the fact that you have to finely chop the chile and mine were as big as thumb.  It was quite spicy.



I added tomatoes, because I like tomatoes.  Mash together avocado, cilantro (one of my favorite things), chile, and green onion.  And, voila, you have guacamole.


Good thing the next part of the recipe was making our own chips since we ran out.  It was easy.  I just cut some corn tortillas (the recipe says flour, but of course I used corn, which are better anyway) into chip shapes, put on a cookie sheet, drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper (I think you're only supposed to do salt, but I did pepper for good measure).

Baked Tortilla Chips
And then you bake for about 5 minutes at 400 degrees.  That's all there is to it.  It was really good.



But remember, always finely chop your chiles.

2 THUMBS UP! 

1 comment: