Monday, August 16, 2010

Day 31 - Popcorn



Now, I know what you're thinking, that I haven't made a real dinner for a while, but tonight wasn't my fault. My mom was teaching a class at SMU and my dad got home at 6 :30 and I didn't know there was already chicken dethawed, so I couldn't make a good dinner.  We ended up having nachos.


And I was going to make a good, legit dinner. I would know. It was chicken... so stay tuned for tomorrow to see the chicken dinner.  


So anyway, today I made some good popcorn. 



Now this isn't your ordinary popcorn. But it was easy.  Trust me on this. All you do is use a sauce pan (not a frying pan--Look at the boiled egg post) and put a chuck o' butter in and then right after you put in your kernels. Cover the pan.  Once it starts to pop, move the pan about every thirty seconds to cook all the kernel and ta da...popcorn!!!




This popcorn tasted better than how we usually make it in a popcorn popper.  "It had a brownish burned look to it," said my dad, "but it was very good."  


All the kernels were coated in butter so it tasted awesome.  It was cool because the picture I took of the popcorn in the pan happened right before some popcorn exploded in my face.


This was just a quick snack because I spent 20 minutes trying to find a recipe.  I found one that was for Christmas popcorn that was seasoned, but we didn't have the seasoning, so I just made popcorn from one of Jamie Oliver's video recipe.


2 THUMBS UP

Akidscookingchallenge.com is not responsible for any popcorn in the eye surgery.

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I've been making popcorn a lot lately. My newest fave way is to pop in the air popper, toss with some melted butter, and then make seasoning:

    2 Tbs. grated parmesan cheese, 1/4 tsp. salt, 1/8 - 1/4 tsp. garlic powder.

    Mix up those goodies and toss with the buttered popcorn. Adds a little protein. :)

    But I'm going to have to try this method ... love buttery popcorn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting on the taste of this popcorn. And, I love your note at the bottom. Perhaps we all should wear sunglasses or goggles while making this popcorn? ;-)

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete