Saturday, August 14, 2010

Day 29 - Mexican Style Corn


Hola amigas and amigos! I'm bringing my hispanic heritage in today, from my Spanish to my recipe.

Nacho Libre is awesome, starring Jack Black. It's about this guy who works at an orphanage, but turns out to be a wrestler. He becomes friends with this homeless guy named Steven. When they get money from wrestling, Steven spends his money on shoes...and corn.

The corn is what I made tonight. My brother went to his friend's house and he was going to make crunchy garlic chicken, but since he wasn't here right now I changed it to Mexican Style Corn.



What you have to do for it is esta comida is shuck the corn, which means tearing off the husks. Then you wash them off and put in salted water for 8-10 minutes and let it boil. Go do something for 8-10 minutes. We made dinner.

Then you drain it, butter it, and roll it in shredded parmesan cheese, though we used romano, which my mother says is pretty much the same. And then you add dried chili on top of that, and then you enjoy. My brother Alex used paprika, and my father, since we didn't actually have dried chili and since my dad is Mexican and likes spicy food, he used chili powder.

So Good!
It tasted like buttered corn with yummy cheese on it, so it was delish!

I thought this was 2 THUMBS UP!

3 comments:

  1. Looks yummy! But did you know that corn has zero nutritional value?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never thought to do something with corn on the cob except add butter, next time I make corn, I'm making it like this.

    Thanks Sophie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. But it's darn good, T.

    Dru, this was GOOD!

    ReplyDelete