Monday, September 6, 2010

Day 52 - One Cup Pancakes

Hi Everyone! You're probably wondering what we made today, on day 52. I made One Cup Pancakes! And I made them gluten free using the new gluten free Bisquick which is now sold at different places.

It was very easy. You get a cup of flour (like I said, I used the gluten free Bisquick). Then you put in uno egg, and one cup of milk. I whisked it together. You can also mix in bananas or other fruit. Then what you do is put butter in a skillet or on a griddle and spread it around. Once it's all melted, you ladle the pancake batter onto the griddle or skillet.


When it's ready to flip, you'll see bubbling in the middle of the pancake. Another way you can tell is that the edges start to dry.


Then flip them. It doesn't necessarily take the same time on the other side. You can sort of tell when they're done because they rise and thicken. Then you get your spatula and kind of lift it up and take peak to see if it's ready. If it is, then get a plate and put it on.

Jared tried his first bite with the parfait from last night.





He said, "This pancake is a vessel to carry the flavor of something else." He liked it pretty well with the parfait, but says he would like it more with just fresh fruit.


My brother, Jared, doesn't like syrup. He actually doesn't like pancakes at all. BUT he sort of liked these. This was the first time ever that he sort of liked hot cakes. He got some homemade whipped cream and some ground cinnamon and sprinkled that onto it.

He liked it!  1 1/2 THUMBS UP!

Oh! I forgot to mention, we are a featured blog on Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution news site! Here's what we have to say about THAT:

"I think it's awesome because only two blogs are chosen every month. I think it's really saying something that we got chosen and we've only been doing this for 52 days. We're getting noticed and that's good because hopefully more people will join the Food Revolution." ~ Jared

"I feel like I'm the best cooker-blogger kid ever. It's so super cool to be featured on Jamie Oliver's newsletter site because most kids can't say that they've been on his Food Revolution site. I think we've accomplished what we've wanted which is to have Jamie Oliver notice us so that more people would look at our blog, and hopefully change how and what they eat by joining our challenge." ~Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment