Thursday, September 30, 2010

Day 75 - Pumpkin Muffins

Recipe from my mom's recipe box

We're celebrating today! It's day 75!!!


We had a Book Fiesta to go to at my school tonight so we just got home now at 8:00. I wanted to make something for my class at school. I thought it would be a fun thing to do and since tomorrow is October 1st, my mom said I could make pumpkin muffins for them. I hope they like them! I think they will.

I wanted to do a different recipe than the pumpkin bread Jared made, so I did a pumpkin recipe my mom had in her recipe box. There isn't as much sugar in it as the other one.

Gluten Free Pantry Flour

By the way, I've been a vegetarian for 3 days now. I will inform you how it's going. I am doing awesome right now. I saw a dead fox on the road and it kind of grossed me out, plus I'm against hunting so I'm trying it. Plus because they give the animals antibiotics so they don't work on us. I want to be healthy.

I'll let you know how the muffins are tomorrow!


Good night.

~ Sophie

Pumpkin Muffins

1 1/2 cup flour or gluten free flour mix like Gluten Free Pantry
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 nutmeg, cinnamon, baking power (each)
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup oil
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/3 cup water
2 eggs

Combine dry ingredients, then add oil, eggs and pumpkin. Slowly add water until blended. Pour into greased muffin pans or muffin cups.

Cook for 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment