Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Day 67 - Chicken Pasta Bake


My brother named Jared has a tooth ache pain from being hit in mouth by our brother Caleb's head. He says he's about to die. So I cooked have cooked the past 3 nights.

I was not in the mood to cook because I had to do my homework, I had just run for running club, I had to work on a power point about Oprah Winfrey and decisions she's made for school, and my brother Sam's piano students were here. So my mom was looking up recipes while I was doing some gymnastics. I was trying to do the splits and handstands, and I was putting my leg behind my head, which I can do. She found this recipe called a Chicken Pasta Bake.

I thought, hmmm, are we going to have regular chicken or red chicken? Red chicken is what we call chicken we get from a Mexican market. It's got paprika and garlic on it. So my mom answered that it would be the red chicken. I said I didn't know how that would work, but she said it would be okay.

I have to convert the measurements.

So now, this is how we made it. You need garlic. Caleb used our new garlic thingamabobber. He liked that. He did that part for me.

I did the rest. He can't really chop at all.


This was easy to make. The pasta you just boil regularly. We used quinoa.

You cook the chicken in a pan until it's brown. Then you add the garlic. Then add 2 cups of white wine and cook that for a while.

Then you add cream, only we used 1/2 cream and 1/2 nonfat milk. You also add chopped basil and shredded parmesan cheese.

I used fresh basil from our front yard.

This all gets mixed with the cooked pasta. You put it in a pan and sprinkle with some parmesan and then put in the oven until the top is brown.


I had never thought of baking pasta like this. I thought it was good. My little brother Caleb, on the other hand, did not like it. He says, "It's below 0 thumbs up for me, Caleb, mwahahaha."

AJ liked it and went back for seconds. Mama liked it. I liked it. And Sam's piano student and her mom liked it.

They said 2 Thumbs Up

Mom says we'll do this again. The only thing we didn't have was mushrooms. Mom says it would be good to add some asparagus, too.

2 THUMBS UP!

1 comment: