This is going to be a perfect weekend, and since I'm a Jedi, I can tell. I can tell because I had a good day at school today, despite my tooth, because it doesn't really hurt anymore, minus the pressure because there's a little bit of pain when I eat. But it's still better. I have no homework. It is fall, officially. And it was all dark and gloomy today, which I like. It was rainy, which is good.
I'm not like a gloom-demon, I just like the rain and cool weather.
Even though I would not have chosen this particular dish to celebrate the weather, I thought it was good. I like hamburgers, but they're not my first choice.
My first choice is one of the following:
- Asian food
My mom didn't didn't want to defrost a gluten free hamburger bun because we already had a GF hotdog bun out...
...so I cut it in half and made sliders for me using a little tool the Texas Beef Council mailed my mom as part of that luncheon she went to last week (she guest blogged here, remember?).
I thought using that tool was kind of an interesting tool because it makes, like, a perfect circle out of the meat.
What makes these burgers different from a regular hamburger is:
- They're not processed, per our food philosophy (which is healthy and, like, make your own stuff)
- You put sautéed red onions in it
- You put an egg in it (which we bypassed because we didn't have any eggs--shocking!--or egg whites, and even though I went to the neighbors to borrow one, no one was home because they were at the high school football game which we were not at because it's an away game)
- Cracker crumbs, but we used GF corn flake crumbs
- Shredded parmesan cheese
I think these were good, but they weren't muy perfecto because:
- They were too thick
- I'm just not a huge fan of hamburgers
I give them 1 3/4 THUMBS UP. My dad would have liked more zing, but he still ate 2 of them, plus Caleb's 1/8 leftover.