Monday, July 19, 2010

Day 2 - Poached Eggs


Cookbook: Food Revolution

Today is Day 2. My brother went to skateboard camp so I made poached eggs, Jamie Oliver's recipe from Food Revolution.

I had no idea what poached eggs would taste like, look like, or even what they were.

What we did to make it was get some water simmering in a flat saucepan.







Crack the eggs into a little bowl. Once the water is simmering, then pour the egg very lightly and gently in one motion then let the egg sit in the water for 2 to 4 minutes.











At first it looked really weird. It separated and looked like hair flowing in the water. But then it looked like a seal formed, like on a hard boiled egg, and then you just take it out. You can have it either runny, or you can have it with a hard yolk.


I made a sandwich for my dad with a poached egg, ham, and toast and he loved it.

Me and my mom had it with an English muffin.

I didn't think I was going to like it because it floated in the water and looked watery, so I thought, "Ew, it doesn't look that great," but then it tasted just like an over easy egg to me. So I really did like it.

I will make it many more times!

Happy Cooking!

2 THUMBS UP!

1 comment:

  1. They were yummy! I'd never made them before, either, but now I know how. ;)

    ReplyDelete