Sunday, August 8, 2010

Day 23 - Fish Pie


I, Sophie Ramirez, was not in the mood to cook tonight. I felt like I wanted to lay down and take a nap instead.

But I had to cook because I'm doing a 6 month challenge and Jared, still, is not here.

I didn't really want to make the fish pie, but my mom picked it and helped me tonight. I didn't think it looked so great.


It was really easy to make, though. There was practically no chopping at all, just potatoes.


The rest was grated. You grate celery, the carrots, red peppers (which we used instead of chilis), lemon (plus the juice which you squeeze, not grate), and cheese.


Then just layer in the cooker with fish. We used white fish and shrimp.



I didn't love it all that much, but my mom and dad were crazy for it. They give it 2 THUMBS UP. My dad said it was a very filling meal. My mom said 2 THUMBS UP, too. She said it is like Shepherd's Pie, only with fish.

I give it 1/2 THUMB UP. I think I would like it with beef.


3 comments:

  1. DUDE! I think I'd fire Jared!! OR make him make at least the next weeks worth!!!! Anyways, this looks really really good. It looks a little hard, but the end product looks great. Good job Sohpie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...don't leave her hangin'. Why not cook a couple things in advance and freeze them so when one of you guys are out, then you have the back up? Just saying.

    ReplyDelete